Friday, July 13, 2007

A little update

DAYCARE: The week has seemed to have flown right by. I'm not sure where the time went. It has been a good week of daycare. I have wonderful kids and have had a lot of fun with them despite all of the rainy days we have had this week. There were moments when I thought I was going to scream due to the abundance of energy that the kids had inside of the house - unable to express it outside. Oh well. The week included tea parties, birthday parties, nail painting an afternoon at the park yesterday, tons of books and baking.

BOOKS: I have started to dive into the many books that I have piled up that I want to finish reading by the end of summer. I am loving it! I enjoy the quiet moments of my reading when there is no guilt attached such as studying. Currently I am reading The Fourth Summer of the Pants (part of the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants series), Forever Sisters (by the same author of the travelling pants), Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, and the Second Assistant. I suppose I should have staggered my reading a little, but I couldn't wait to read them all, so I started them all at once. Thankfully they are all very different types of books, so depending on my mood I can choose accordingly.

CABIN & FRIENDS: I have been very much enjoying the summer so far. It is such a nice break from school and homework. I would describe it as a breath of fresh air. I have been enjoying the time spent with friends and family. It seemed as though I abandoned them during the school year and now I can see them almost whenever I want!!! How great is that! I have been able to enjoy watching Canada's Next Top Model with Aimee and Kristy, spending weekends at the cabin with family, etc. This is the first summer that I have desired to venture out to the cabin as much as I have already since my Grandpa died 6 years ago. For the past few years I have neglected to visit those fond memories of summers at the cabin with Grandpa. Him and I were close and being there just reminded me of his absence. So I guess you could say that I have grown. I am able to be there and enjoy my surroundings rather than wallow in the past and the sadness. God has filled me with peace and it feels incredible.

Speaking of the cabin, I am off there tomorrow morning with my brother and Dominika. I like spending time with them, so I am looking forward to it. Hopefully the weather cooperates so I can get some sun (although most people would be impressed with my summer color already). Yup, that's right, I have tan lines!!!


Cheers!

1 comment:

bre said...

dude.

i've never read any of those books. let me which which are stellar and which are poop, and i'll try to catch the stellar ones sometime soon.