Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Reflections

A new year is literally just around the corner. In just over 6 hours we will all yell "Happy New Year" and begin our journey into the coming year.
2008 has had its ups and downs just like any year, but I think that there were definitely more ups then downs. Lots has happened in 2008. Some highlights include the following:
  • The birth of Norah - that held many ups and downs in itself
  • Graduating from Massage Therapy
  • Glorious weekends spent at the cabin
  • Girls weekends - both at Kristy's cabin and in Grand Forks
  • Anticipating the birth of Andrew & Aimee's baby
  • Wonderful coffee dates with friends
I'm not one big on New Year's resolutions as I have a tendency of not sticking to them. I do, however, have some hopes for 2009.
This past year I have grown a great deal with Jesus. It has been nothing short of incredible. I have experienced the presence of Jesus in ways that I did not know I was capable of. My prayer is that 2009 would be another year of living in the presence of Jesus - to live life abundantly. I desire to crave the presence of Jesus and experience more of Him in the year ahead. I suppose I could make a list of all the things I desire to accomplish and cross off my list for 2009, but I am trying to live less in the future. I don't want to live in a constant state of longing. Instead, I am choosing to take each day one at a time; to intentionally seek Jesus. I have no doubts in my mind that 2009 will bring some wonderful things along with it, but by taking each day for what it is, I am focusing on the little God moments of the day.

Tonight have its festivities of course. Today also happens to be Graham's birthday, so we have the privilege of not only ringing in the New Year, but also celebrating his birthday and another year of life for him. I believe dessert and poker are on the agenda for tonight.

To end off on a bit of a fun note, Dominika and myself had a fun afternoon of absolute silliness. I know we are in our twenties, but every once in awhile it's fun to pretend you are in high school/junior high again. While I was out shopping today, I found these spectacular skirts for the low low price of $3 in the final clearance bin. It's shocking that these skirts didn't sell out at regular price :)

I believe the title of this picture is "Be a Tiger"

A slightly more normal picture of us to end off. I hope those pictures didn't scar anyone :)

I wish you all a Happy New Year. Bring on 2009. I'm ready!

No comments: