Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Reunion of Sorts


I woke up Saturday morning to a VERY cold outside. As I lay in bed I could feel the draft of the wind blowing through the walls. I debated for many minutes whether it was really important that I actually get out of bed and face the day. It didn't take long for me to remember that Saturday morning at 9am = breakfast at Cora's with some school friends. Getting out of bed was not longer a question. After all, who can turn down the April 89 crepe at Cora's??? Not me!!!

Just over a year ago, my friend from school Marni, had to quit the program due to some hand soreness that prevented her from massaging. It was a very sad goodbye for us group of friends. There were 5 of us that called ourselves the "Dream Team" and we lost a member. The ending of Marni's massage career, despite its sadness, allowed Marni to move to Kingston with her boyfriend to begin her nursing career. It's been over a year since we had all seen Marni and this past weekend happened to be the weekend she was back in town, so breakfast with the Dream Team (minus Jenn) was in definite order.

I HEART Cora's. I think if I could eat breakfast there everyday, there would be no possible way of a day starting off wrong. A waffle with custard and a mountain of fruit just has no bad side to it - not in my books anyway. The 4 of us, Adam, Crystal, Marni and myself enjoyed wonderful conversation and catching up on each other's lives. It's funny how you go from seeing these people almost every day for 2 years straight to all of a sudden nothing. We decided that breakfasts or get togethers of other sorts are in order more often, especially for those of us who still are living in Winnipeg. We have no excuse for not seeing each other more often. 3 hours at Cora's passed quickly. It was finally when our waitress started walking by our table giving us a glare that we concluded that it might be time to give our table to some other eager breakfast goers.



Thanks friends for a very yummy breakfast. Let's not wait another 6 months to a year before we see each other again!


This frosty-ness that is occurring outside the walls of my warm house are not appreciated these days. My car makes a very sad noise when I go to start it - it makes me want to run back inside and curl back underneath the warm covers of my bed. If only life were so simple and flexible that I could actually do that! I am thankful that today I was able to stay inside all day baking cookies, finishing a puzzle I have been working on this weekend and doing a little bit of packing for Hawaii. Yes, in 7 very short days I will find myself on a glorious beach in Waikiki. It still seems somewhat surreal that we are leaving for 2 weeks, as this trip has been in the works for over a year, but it's finally coming!

On the agenda for this week:
  • dates with some friends who are in town for Christmas - aka - Deanna and Jess
  • a Christmas party Friday night with some very delightful friends
  • a spa afternoon on Wednesday at Spa Lifestyle
  • a Christmas gathering and our church Christmas coffee house on Saturday
  • and lots and lots of packing in any spare moment between now and next Sunday morning!

3 comments:

Raquel said...

It's funny how close you get to school friends in such a short period of time! Looks like your agenda this week will be a lot of fun!

Jessica said...

Yay for good friends! I've heard it is quite chilly in Winnipeg as of late...Jon and I may be in for a shock seeing as it's +7° today in Hamilton! Looking forward to our friend date--5 days!

Trev and Rebekah said...

I love Cora's too. It's the best.