Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Return of the Headaches

Actually, they never really went away, but today my head feels like it hasn't in a long time - loss of vision, dizziness, numbness and a sharp piercing pain through the center of my head. The pain at times appears unbearable. I had to cancel my appointments today at work, which was too bad but there weren't a whole lot of options. 
It is days like today that make me very thankful for codeine to take the edge off and the hope that in less then 2 weeks a change in scenery, barometric pressure and temperature may also help decrease some of the discomfort inside of my head.

Awhile ago, a friend and I sat down on a Thursday morning and prayed about my head, for healing, for strength, for the presence of God to be around me. I was given a picture of being by the shoreline with Jesus, knee deep in the water. Jesus placed his hands upon my head and let me just be in his presence. To be wrapped up in the arms of Jesus as he held my head was exactly what I needed. 

I have gone back to revisit the shoreline on numerous occasions since that initial visit and have brought others with me to those healing waters. I can't say that I have been healed or those I have brought with me have been healed, but the presence of Jesus definitely takes the edge off.

So, today, as a friend prayed with me over the phone for my head, I was able to connect with Jesus and fall asleep in his healing arms - the codeine may have helped a little too:)

4 comments:

Raquel said...

kara, I'll be praying for you that your headaches will be gone. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip. -- and again thanks for all the encouragement with school and answering my never ending questions!

Sabrina said...

My love. I am sad for you. Was praying for you last night, then read this post. Let me know about Thursday, or if you just need to sleep.

Love you.

Thiessen said...

Kara, I'm so sad that you're feeling so crappy. I'll be praying for you. I really hope that Hawaii is a wonderful headache-free vacation. It sounds like you need it!

Aimee said...

Oh Kara, my heart goes out to you! Praying that you will improve!!!! xoxoxo