Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Journey Begins

So it's been a whirlwind of activity around the house today ever since I stepped out of bed. I figured something was weird since my parents were not home when I woke up at 7:30. I made a call to their cell phones and they informed me that they were at the airport trying to get us on a flight to Vancouver. I knew the news wasn't going to be good. This morning, our flight to Vancouver was canceled due to weather - which by the way, is not really an issue because while my parents were at the Air Canada desk at the airport, the PA system announced numerous final boarding calls to Vancouver. So after 5 hours at the airport, trying to get 16 of us on flights the news is sad. It looks like we aren't going to be going to Hawaii today - we are currently on stand-by. We've split up our rather large party into smaller groups in hopes of getting us there sooner, but chances of us getting out today or even tomorrow are slim. We are sticking close to home in case our travel agent calls to tell us to get our butts over to the airport. It looks like we will end up in Hawaii this Christmas, the only uncertainty is when we will get there.

I will keep you posted!


1 comment:

Sabrina said...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. That is horrible news Kara. I'm sorry, you must be so disappointed! Any chance to get another 8 minutes at the tanning bed?

Hope to see a "YES" post sometime very soon.