Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Random Events

These past few days I have been consumed with a ton of packing. It would appear that I have a lot more stuff then I thought I did. I have filled up a very large garbage bag full of clothes that need to go to MCC and another 2 big garbage filled with garbage and recycling. When did I have time to consume so much stuff? It's astonishing and also a nice reminder that I have WAY too much stuff and I need to learn to cut back on the things that I "want" or "need".


Cole has his days when he feels quite sad that I am moving out and so he acts up. The subject of me leaving has been talked about many many times over the past few weeks. Cole and I have created a calender so he can count down the days - he needs changes to happen gradually, so I thought a calender would be a great idea. So far it's working.

The move is not only going to be hard on him, but also on me. I am going to miss this kid an awful lot. I have been looking after him since he was 6 weeks old and he's now 5!! That's a long time to be with someone. He has melted his way into my heart and I am going to miss him like crazy. We have already set up some Kara and Cole days during the summer and I will pick him up from school one day of the week next fall so that we can spend some time together. We will definitely see quite a bit of each other in the years to come however, the spontaneous playdates after supper and the morning cuddles while watching Backyardigans will be missed.


Tonight we built a playmobil village on a deserted island. Our imaginations ran away with us. I love being a kid again!!






















No comments: