Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The End is Near

The end of school is so close I can hardly believe it. While studying last night at Starbucks over a delightful cup of Vanilla Earl Grey Tea Misto and flipping through our agendas, Annick and I discovered that we only had 14 days of actual classes and exams left until we are done - only 13 days as of today. In some ways it feels slightly surreal and strange to think that I won't be in school come fall. I'm at that point where it's time to face the music and head out into the working world again. Am I ready? Do I know all that I need to know in order start working on people? Probably not, but that will come with experience I'm told. There is lots to anticipate and look forward to in the next few weeks as I transition from life as a student to a young professional in the working world, but I must remind myself to treasure the moments I have left with classmates and teachers who I won't see nearly as often. I still have lots to learn from these people so there is no need to rush the process as the end of school will come soon enough.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Kara I beleive that you will do a wonderful job in the working world. Not only are you great at massaging, but you have a great people skills!!! Yahoo to only 14 school days left.

Jessica said...

I hope you can take all you can from the last days of school. It's so exciting! You'll do fantastic.

Sabrina said...

Glad you're trying to soak up the last days, rather than wish them away. It is very exciting to think of how your sphere of influence will grow as the summer and fall bring about new people and new environments. Massage party, anyone?

kerry and jo said...

Hi Kara, Kristy's mom here. Thanks for inviting me to view your blog. I think of you often and often wonder how your life is going. I am glad that Kristy has found such good friends in the city. Enjoy your last school days, they will fly by. Take care.