Wednesday, May 21, 2008

It's about time...

It's been awhile since I have last posted, but what can I say, life has been busy. I am officially moved in at my parents. It's been good to be back although it's definitely not the same place I left 5 years ago. First of all, there are girls there all the time. I LOVE having Courtney and Dominika around. They are like the sisters I never had. I have been at my parents for less then a week and already they are asking to borrow clothes, dvd seasons, etc. I am loving it.
Slowly my suitcases and boxes are getting unpacked. I never knew I owned so much stuff. It's a good reminder that I place way too much emphasis on stuff and I need to learn to down size - especially in the clothes department.

Over the May Long weekend I spent time at the cabin with my parents. It was the first trip out there of the season and it was glorious. The weather wasn't overly warm, but the sun was shining and Sunday afternoon found my mom and I out on the deck in tank tops and shorts attempting to gain some color on our very white skin. Not a lot of color was gained, but just the idea of sitting in the sun out on the deck overlooking the lake made me very hopeful that spring is indeed here, summer is coming and it's going to be good. The weekend contained wonderful moments of late night movies, many bowls of popcorn, watching the lake while studying (perhaps more watching of the lake was done rather then studying) and LOTS of puzzling - Aimee and Kristy I believe I gained some puzzle ettiquete and you would have been very impressed with me. Unfortunately I my camera was put in a box and I failed to unpack it in time for the lake, so I have no pictures to capture the weekend.

I have a number of photos to upload, so hopefully in the next week or so life will settle down a bit and I will get to some of the little things that have been on my "to do" list. Until then, I am going to finish catching up on a bunch of the Sex and the City seasons before the movie comes out on Friday.

Cheers!


1 comment:

Amber said...

so happy to hear things are going well with you back at your parents house! how fun that c&d are like sisters :) and kristy must be happy to hear you say you have too many clothes!!! have a great weekend!