Sunday, May 25, 2008

Picture Post

Well I think it is finally time to post some pictures of some of the events that have consumed my life as of late. I'm not quite sure where my days seem to go anymore. They seem to just fly right by.


Soccer season has begun again with Cole. Wednesdays I still look after him after school and those are my days to take him to soccer until Dan or Bonnie can get there after work. I am all for kids playing sports. I think it's wonderful. However, it is also quite painful to watch the lack of competition that occurs. I like to be competitive but I don't think I would label myself as being overly competitive, but when the other teams has to take off players because they are winning, that just seems not fair! Everything to do with kids sports these days is all about fairness, but I think there is a line that is crossed when the game becomes overly fair. There is no incentive to win or try because in the end both teams end up with the exact same score. Go figure. That being said, they sure are cute to watch - especially when little girls show up to play in pink ruffled skirts.






I wonder what Cole and his teammate are discussing. It looks pretty important though!













This past week I had the delightful opportunity to spend time with some wonderful people. On Thursday evening Kristy, Aimee and myself got together to watch the Grey's Anatomy season finale - it wasn't their greatest finale ever, but I still enjoyed it. It had seemed like it had been awhile since I had been able to hang out with these fine women due to life's events, so this evening was very much welcomed. Some aunties also got some wonderful cuddles from little Norah - who is actually turning out to be not so little anymore. She's growing like a weed. Way to go Norah!!!


Auntie Kara getting some lovin'

Snuggles with Auntie Aimee


I no longer have class or school on Fridays, so this past Friday I headed over to Sabrina's for a very yummy lunch of hamburger soup with her and Gavin. I very much enjoy our conversations when we get together and Friday was no exception. The 2 of us were able to spend time catching up on each other's lives over lunch, a beautiful walk for a slurpee and playing with Gavin. It had been about 2 weeks since I had last seen Gavin and on Friday it seemed as though he had grown up from being a baby to a little boy. In my opinion he is growing up WAY too fast.
Thanks Sabrina for a delightful afternoon with you two. I enjoy you a lot and I can't wait for our next date.

What a cutie!

No comments: