Monday, June 11, 2007

The Family Returns

My week by myself came to a smashing hault on Saturday evening when I got home from church. The family had returned. I have to say that as much as I was enjoying having an entire house to myself, it was also very nice to see them. I missed them, especially Cole. Saturday night I put him to bed, so the 2 of us laid in his bed, said prayers and told some stories. He wanted to tell me all about his week in Minneapolis and even though it was already 8:30 (way past his bed time) we spent a good half hour talking. I love this age. One of my favorite quotes from the other night was this:

Cole: I am going to invite all of my cousins and friends to my birthday party.

Kara: Can I come to your birthday party too?

Cole: No....cuz you aren't my friend.

Kara: Oh, what am I then?

Cole: Silly Kara, you are like my sister.

It was very sweet. I ended up falling asleep in his bed around 9pm and slept all the way through the night until 8:00am. Apparently I was pretty tired.



Sunday morning, Cole woke me up so that we could play and although I did miss him, I definitely did not miss the quiet mornings. After some Nintendo playing, Bonnie, Cole and I walked over to Bread and Circuses for some breakfast and then came back home to play outside for a bit. Cole had picked out a couple of different gifts for me while they were gone and presented them to me Sunday morning. He was extremely proud of his supersoaker water gun that he got, but was even more excited to show me mine.





Notice his smug little smile :)
I have a feeling these are going to be some very unfair water fights. His reasoning for picking the small water guns for me was because he wanted to win. At least he's honest about it!

Sunday morning also included me taking the training wheels off of Cole's bike. We didn't make very much progress due to frustration on his part, but we will be trying again very soon.




Right: Skateboarding

Goofy Faces

Today was my first exam...Sports Injuries. It didn't go as well as I had hoped considering all of the studying and effort that I put into it. I am just glad I am done with that forever. One exam down, 4 more to go with the next one being tomorrow. Jenn and I spent the day studying today from 9-3. There was no way we were going into the exam unprepared (apparently we did not succeed). I am officially and completely wiped and overwhelmed with exhaustion.

Jenn leading us through some secret pathways to get from our car to school. Some of the places she led us were not all that inviting looking. Our school is in a rough area of town, but my fearless leader was sure she knew what she was doing, so I followed.













This is what Jenn and I looked like prior to the exam beginning. We are exhausted!

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Too cute Kara...I love that Cole sees you as a sister. What a unique role that is!! He is so blessed to have you!

Hope studying is going swell.