Sunday, June 3, 2007

Birthdays, Clinic and Slurpees

It has been a jam-packed weekend. I am not entirely sure where the time has gone. I had great intentions in spending a majority of the weekeend studying for exams, but I have to admit, I have done a very terrible job of it. It appears that I am very easily distracted. Actually, Friday night I did spend a good few hours studying in the evening, but I did not study nearly enough as I wanted to.
My headaches have come and gone, ranging from different degrees of pain, but I feel like I am on the mend now. Friday afternoon I had my last clinic rotation for Fridays so that felt very nice. However, it was extremely slow and it happened to be my turn on desk (which basically means that I was responsible for collecting payment from clients, booking new appointments if need be and pulling files, etc). The last hour was especially painful for a number of us. One might think we had far too much time on our hands based on the pictures below (by the way, we were not working on an actual client - one of our classmates was on the table, just so you don't think that were completely unprofessional - haha):



Our church was involved in something these last 2 weeks called "Love Winnipeg". On Saturday a group of us headed down to Siloam mission to help out in the kitchen, clean up and other odd jobs. It was a pretty neat experience and got to know a few people. I found it really neat how the people who work there full time have this incredible heart for the people who are less fortunate. God has blessed them with an amazing gift and I really admire the work that they do.
Saturday evening after our church service, Steph led the first of 3 dance classes. I know it sounds crazy, since we attend a church that is affiliated with the MB conference - Yes, Mennonites were dancing. For some people rhythm came easier than others, but overall it was a really fun night. After dancing a couple of us girls headed back to Kristy's while the guys and some girls went to watch the hockey game.






Left: Cole and I at church enjoying some much needed slurpees.





Today was supposed to be the beginning of my "Hibernation Period". Well, once again, I did not do a very good job studying. Dan and Bonnie left for Minneapolis for the week - I have the house to myself and I am VERY excited. I set my alarm for 9am this morning with the intent in getting up to study. However, I came downstairs and decided that the house needed cleaning in a very bad way and if I did it today, then I would have 6 days to enjoy the cleanliness. I also needed to go and buy groceries because there was absolutely nothing in the cupboards or in the fridge, so that took a good hour and a half. Once all was said and done, I headed over to Cousins Deli to study with my friend Jenn from school for a couple hours until I was interrupted with a phone call from my mom.

It was my brother Kevin's birthday yesterday, so my parents decided that tonight we should all go out for supper to celebrate. So yet again, another activity to engage in instead of spending the evening studying. We went to Pizza Hut (not my choice in a birthday dinner, but apparently Kevin was craving pizza).

The Birthday Boy!

Dominika

Me and Derek

My parents (they take quite the pictures.

No wonder we can't ever take a good family picture)


So, I just got home a little while ago and it's already 9:30pm. So much for a day devoted to studying. I am praying that I have a little more focus throughout the week cuz it would appear that my motivation and desire to study and be in school is very quickly diminishing.

No comments: