Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Drawing Near

Well, this is it! The end of school is drawing near...the end is in sight and I couldnt' be more thrilled. There is 1 exam left tomorrow afternoon and it just so happens to be the hardest one of them all. I got marks back though from the ones I wrote last week.
Pathology Final Mark: 90%
Sports Injuries Final Mark: 82%
I am quite ok with both of those marks, which made writing today's exam a little bit easier.

Yesterday I had some momentary freak outs that led me to tears, but I think I was just feeling so overwhelmed with all the information that I am trying to desperately cram into my head that I just couldn't handle it anymore. I just needed to be alone and to be able to cry.
This afternoon on my way home from school I was doing some reflecting over the last couple of weeks and I started to feel a little bit disappointed in myself. I have poured countless amounts of time and energy and all of myself into my studying and have neglected my time with God. I guess one could say that I have put Him on a shelf during exams rather than rely on his strength, which I have so desperately needed.
I have run to God, spent time with God over the last couple weeks when only I have needed something. I have failed to enter his presence with the shear joy of just being able to raise my hands in worship and praise. So when I got home today I immediately ran upstairs to my room and put on this song and just praised the Lord of everything.

LORD OF EVERY THING (you can listen to it on www.jonbuller.com)
BY JON BULLER*

Rock of ages, bread of heaven
Oh the victory You have given
All my sin and all my shame
Now redeemed in Jesus name

Here I raise my hands and sing
To my Saviour to my King
This simple song is all I bring
To the Lord of every thing

You are Lord o’er land and sea
Yet from the depths You rescued me
For only one You would have died
I am that one now justified

Here I raise my hands and sing
To my Saviour to my King
This simple song is all I bring
To the Lord of every thing

To You Lord I lift my soul
Righteousness my only goal
Forever always You’re the same
And I will not be put to shame

Here I raise my hands and sing
To my Saviour to my King
This simple song is all I bring
To the Lord of every thing

All creation sings Your praise
A majestic song we raise
Here in awe, here terrified
Yet in Your wonder now we hide

Here I raise my hands and sing
To my Saviour to my King
This simple song is all I bring
To the Lord of every thing

Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!To the Lord of every thing!


Well, I think I'm off to walk down to Starbucks for some much needed coffee for the long night ahead.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

So excited that today is your last day. I hope the last exam went (or is going?) smoothly. Thinking of you today, and getting excited to celebrate your amazing accomplishment with you. Congrats on doing so well on your first two tests!

Love you!

S.