Sunday, April 22, 2007

Cake Decorating

For Easter my mom put a beginners cake decorating kit in my brother's girlfriend and my Easter baskets instead of the normal pair of socks and skittles. So today I took upon the task of making a birthday cake for some school friends for tomorrow and experimenting with different designs. I have been wanting to take a cake decorating course for a long time now, but I either don't have the time or when I did sign up a month ago, the class was cancelled because there weren't enough people. Perhaps one day I will have the opportunity to take a class, but for right now I guess I'll just have to experiment on my own. I don't know if I am all that good at decorating cakes, but I sure do love baking them, so perhaps this is a skill that I can improve upon in the years to come. I thought this cake turned out pretty good though. See for yourself!


2 comments:

Amber said...

The cake looks yummy! And that is one funky green kitchen!!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute cake, Kara!