Sunday, April 15, 2007

Bring on Summer!

What an incredible weekend it has been. For the first time this year it has felt like summer is finally on its way. I couldn't be more happier (although it makes studying A LOT harder).
Here is what has been happening in my life over the course of the weekend.

Friday after school Cole and I went swimming at Pan Am with some friends, Ella and Sophie and their Grandma and Grandpa. It was a lot of fun and watching the 3 of them together was so cute. At bedtime when I was putting Cole to bed and saying prayers I asked him if he wanted to thank Jesus for anything. He was pretty much asleep, but with a smile across his face and his eyes closed, he just responded with "Ella". I just thought that was the cutest thing ever.

Saturday morning I woke up and enjoyed the beautiful morning air by going for a run. My running has been going alright. I have a long way to go yet until I feel like I am in just a little bit of shape. I am running approximately 2 km right now and everyday that I go, I am able to run 1 block further without needing to walk. I know for those of you out there who are runners that seems pretty insignificant, but let me tell you, It's a big deal for me right now. I feel so invigorated when I come home and feel like I can actually sit down and study. It feels so good. What an awesome way to start out the day.

The weather on Saturday was so gorgeous, I spent all afternoon outside at the park. The park was packed with kids and their parents. I guess everyone was dying to be outside. I know I was. After church last night a bunch of us headed over to Josh and Laurie's to watch the hockey game and just hang out. The guys all sat and watched the game while us girls talked. It was wonderful to hang out with friends.




Today was great. BRING ON THE FLIP FLOPS! It was the first official day of the season that I wore flip flops outside. It was glorious. I went over to my parents this afternoon and just sat in the backyard in the sun. The wind was a little chilly, but I just let the sun soak upon me. I had brought along some homework to prepare for an exam on Tuesday, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Bad me! My mom's tulips are coming up already. There is nothing more refreshing than seeing new life after winter.



So instead of studying, my parents and I walked to the drugstore and Sobeys to pick up some things and went for ice cream to Sub Zero. Apparently everyone else in North Kildonan thought it a good idea to go for ice cream because the place was packed! My oreo cookie flurry was well worth the wait though.



I suppose I should go and attempt to do some studying before another busy week comes upon me.

No comments: