Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Hawaiian names, workout, exam and slurpees


A friend of mine from school's parents went to Hawaii for vacation and found out what their hawaiian names were, so a bunch of us thought it would be fun to do the same. My Hawaiian name is Kala. Ahh how nice it would be to sit on a sandy beach with a Long Island iced tea by the ocean in Hawaii right now. Although I can't really complain about the beautiful weather we have been getting.


Yesterday was the begining of the "Kara's attempt to get into shape plan". It has been about 2 or 3 years since I last ran, but I decided that this year I was going to get into shape before Ultimate season starts so that I don't look completely ridiculous out on the field and having to have a break 2 minutes into the game. Well apparently I thought myself much better at running than I actually am. I decided that I was going to do 5:1 minute intervals between walking and running. Well I made it 3 blocks (approximately 2 minutes to run) before I needed to walk. I then decided that I was going to doing 2:1 intervals instead. That seemed to go over much better although I am pretty sore today. I am going to go and try it out again tomorrow.


Well some of you have been asking if I got my big anatomy exam back yet. Well I did today. I'm feeling pretty bummed out cuz I didn't do very well at all. I still past the first module, but I did not do nearly as good as I had hoped. So right now I am feeling pretty discouraged with my anatomy class, but hopefully this next one will be better. Thank goodness America's Next Top Model is on tonight cuz I could use some good cheering up! Thanks to all of those who where praying and hoping that I would do well on the exam. Next exam in May I will have better results for you!


After class today and receiving my very disappointing mark, I decided that I was in desperate need of some happy juice (a.k.a. - slurpee). My friend Annick from school usually walks with me home since she lives right behind our house and she felt that she could also use a slurpee. As we were coming out of 7-11 this guy approached us and said he was from CBC radio getting some info for tomorrow's sound bite on the warm weather. He asked if he could record us talking about the weather and how we are enjoying it and the wonderful slurpees we were having. Well it totally made my day! So if you listen to CBC radio in the morning be sure to listen for me as I talk about my enjoyment of an especially good slurpee on a warm day :)

No comments: