Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothering Day

"God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers."
~Jewish Proverb

I am a huge fan of Mothering Day. Yes, Hallmark has declared this day Mother's Day, but I think it's so much more then just Mother's Day. This is a day where I feel I can celebrate the women in my life who have influenced me, encouraged me, loved me, wept with me, spoke sternly with me and taught me. These women, along with my mom deserve to be celebrated.

I love the quote above. I love its truth. The women in my life who have taken on various aspects of a mother's role have been a presence of God in my life. These women were able to speak the truth and love of God to me that I probably would not have heard otherwise.

I am blessed. Very blessed. I have some phenomenal women in my life who I am proud to say play some "mother" roles in my life. To these fine ladies, I say thank you for all that you have given to and shared with me. I am who I am today because of the love these women have shared with me.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

And many are blessed to have you as a 'mother' too. Happy mothering day from G!

Aimee said...

I am so glad that Peanut will have you in his/her (hehehe) life! Wishing you a happy mothering day.