Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Most Excellent Day

Today was a most excellent day. It marked 3 1/2 months since Cole and I last hung out together and today was our "date day". We call them Kara/Cole days and we are both quite fond of them. We had hoped to spend more time outside, but considering the breezy temperatures, we were somewhat limited to mostly indoor activities.

I let Cole pick our activities today (with some boundaries). His choice was to go and see a movie and although it maybe wasn't the best activity to facilitate conversation, it was what he wanted to do and that was important to me. We saw Monsters vs. Aliens 3D and he LOVED it. It was a bit costly ($26 to be exact for 2 tickets - 1 Adult & 1 child) but we just opted for no snacks. I was impressed with the quality of the 3D - there were moments when Cole jumped in his seat because he thought a meteorite was going to hit him. It was quite humorous.

Check out our awesome 3D shades!

After the movie we needed to grab something to eat before we headed off to church for 6pm, so his pick was McDonalds with a play land. I had a book in my purse, so while he befriended some other boys at the restaurant and played tag, I caught up on some reading.


It didn't take long before Cole was ready to do something else, so we walked across the parking lot to Dollarama, where we picked up a Frisbee and headed to a nearby park to run off some energy. It was a beautiful park and an awesome playground - we had a lot of fun playing tag and frisbee throughout the play structure.

I love the intensity in his face when he plays sports.

I Love my man Cole. I wish we could hang out more often, but we just need to make the most out of the time we do get to spend with each other. Thanks for a most excellent day bud!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

What a fun day! Glad you two could share it.

Aimee said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!!!