Friday, May 15, 2009

May Long Weekend???

I can't believe today marks May long weekend. It doesn't seem possible. There is travel advisory for the highway up to the cabin due to SNOW AND ICE!!!! That's just pure craziness. From what I can recall, previous May long weekends have consisted of shorts (or at least capris), flip flops, the occasional very very very quick swim in the lake (the lake is still frozen), soaking up the sun on the deck and bonfires. Well, this year might turn into something completely different. I have a hunch that there will be no flip flops (although I am trying to remain optimistic and I have brought them along), bonfires in the fireplace inside and lots of movie watching to pass the rainy forecast.

Despite the poor weather that is coming Winnipeg way, there is still something peaceful and relaxing about getting out of the city and staying cozy inside the cabin. I have brought along some good books, lots of movies, crosswords and puzzles. I have a hunch that it will still be a wonderful weekend and there is a good possibility that I will get lots of sleep in (I have lots to catch up on it feels like).

I hope that this weekend is for you is filled with lots of relaxation, times of good conversations and good company in whatever your weekend activities hold.

3 comments:

Janessa said...

have a great time! way to pack the flip flops - you never know.

also, crosswords - well, you know how i feel about those. enjoy!

Sabrina said...

Hoping you are having a wonderful weekend, thinking of you and praying that it's headache-free and laughter-full.

Trev and Rebekah said...

Long weekends make me want to curl up in bed and sleep!