Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Celine Concert

Summer 2007, my mom, Dominika and myself purchased tickets for Celine Dion's World Tour here in Winnipeg. The date of the concert: October 28, 2008. That's right, we waiting almost a year and a half to see her and I must be honest, she was well worth the wait.

Dinner at Earls before the show
Never in my life have I witnessed first hand what vocals like hers sound like in person. The show was phenomenal to say the least. The concert was a good 2 hours and she performed most of her top classics along with a few new songs that I did not recognize.



Our seats were situated in the 3rd balcony, row 6 seats, 7, 8 & 9 - all for the low, low price of $160. Prior to the concert I must admit that we were a little skeptical if our seats were worth the money, but we thought, how often do we get the chance to see her live?? When the concert ended, the 3 of us looked at each other and said that if she ever came back and we had the chance to see her again, we would pay the $400 - $600 to be on the floor.


Her facial expressions were quite something!

Not only was her voice unbelievable but her dancers and the show in general was awesome. Never a dull moment. Everyone on stage gets quite the workout! Celine's outfits were spectacular. I think that her wardrobe is worth more then my entire life!!! Her shoes...AMAZING!! If only I could pull those off!


I purchased some boas earlier in the day for us to wear to the concert because you can't go to a Celine Dion concert without looking a little like a diva. My mom was a good sport about everything. For those of you who don't know her, she is quite prim and proper so wearing a boa and going out to a concert with Dominika and I being slightly goofy was a stretch for her. Way to go mom!!! We no doubt made complete fools of ourselves with our singing in particular - we were belting it out and I think the people in front of us were getting slightly annoyed, but we figured, it's a concert; You are supposed to sing along and dance. NOBODY in our section even stood up!!! If I'm paying $160 to go to a concert, you better believe it I'm singing and dancing along and having a good time. I don't just want to sit in my seat silent. Is that bad????
No song would be complete without her chest pump action!


I crawled into bed last night with a killer headache from all of the noise, but extremely pleased and happy after a wonderful evening out. Thanks mom and Dom for a delightful time spent together - I couldn't think of a better way to spend an evening.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a blast. Way to go to you and your group for hamming it up and enjoying yourselves!!

Heidi

Thiessen said...

Sounds like fun! I love the boa idea, although I would have liked to see a picture of your mom in one :)

Christine said...

Glad you had a good time at the concert! You must have had a bunch of Mennonites in your section! Didn't you know that Mennonites don't dance! HEE HEE HEE I can say that because I am a Mennonite and I DON'T dance! LOL

Aimee said...

Sounds like a great time (not as great as Nov 12...) I love it that you dressed like a diva, way to have heart!!!!