Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Very Happy Birthday

I have had the greatest day. I have been spoiled rotten by many phone calls, gifts galore and tons and tons of emails. Thanks everyone. I have felt very loved and blessed by your words. This year's birthday was definitely more low key then other years but in some ways it was even more special.

I was awakened this morning with boisterous singing from some of my family members. I wouldn't say that singing is a talent that my family possesses, especially at 8am, but I very much appreciated the thought behind the gesture, plus it definitely made me laugh - what a way to wake up to the day!!

Due to life circumstances I have not been able to spend very much time with Cole in the last month and a bit, but yesterday it worked to hang out with him for a good part of the day. This was by far my favorite birthday gift. Oh, how I have missed this little boy!!! We ventured off to the Manitoba Museum to meet up with my friend Heidi and her 2 girls for part of the afternoon. Cole and her girls get along so beautifully and probably just what Cole needed.



I've missed these cuddles



Silly Kids!!


Awesome Friends

Following the museum, we went back to my parent's house for delicious Oreo ice cream cake that Dominika made me. Soooo yummy!!





At 5:00 I had to have Cole back and I was sad to see him go. This definitely needs to become a more frequent thing for him and I to hang out. We went from seeing each other everyday and spending a good chunk of time together to almost nothing at all. Hopefully we will never go this long without a good Kara/Cole day again!


Due to work schedules with my brothers and their significant others, we had a late supper at Olive Garden once everyone was off work at 8pm. I could eat the salad and breadsticks all day if I could, but I opted for the Seafood Alfredo and it was delicious. The nice part about going so late was that by the time dessert came around and my family wanted the staff to sing to me, most of the staff had gone home already, so there was no song. They were all out of the birthday dessert, so I didn't get any of that either, but that's ok because we were all pretty stuffed anyway.


BIRTHDAY DRINKS


My hommie, Dom!



This past year has been a good one. I was doing some reflecting last night about what has all gone on in the past year and I have to say that I have grown a lot. It's neat to be able to take a step back and look how God has moved and worked in your life. If I had to pick a theme to sum up this past year with Jesus, it would be Trusting that God remains faithful to his promises, trusting that God has a spectacular plan for my life and Trusting that Jesus is who he says He is. God has been quite vocal, especially in the last few months in these 3 areas through His Word and through some pretty neat people in my life.
There have been some pretty neat things that have happened this last year:
  • I got to meet some adorable little babies - Gavin and Norah and it has been a joy to be able to watch them grow and develop into these funny little characters. I'm anticipating some good times down the road!
  • I moved back home - something I thought I would never do, but there has been incredible healing that has changed my family and that has been cool to see.
  • I graduated and now have an awesome job that I LOVE - despite the weirdos and creeps that I see from time to time. I get to interact with some awesome people on a day to day basis.
  • The meaningful times with my friends continues to bless me and has made this last year full of joy and life. When God says that through him we can have life abundantly, I truly believe that he has allowed me to see glimpses of him and grow through my wonderful friends and has truly allowed me to live life to the fullest as God intended it to be!
As I close this 23rd chapter of my life, I am thankful and blessed for this last year and I am pumped for what God has in store for me in the coming year. I have a feeling "24" is going to be a fabulous year!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful birthday!!! I need to see you soon cause I have a rockin' gift to give you :)

Anonymous said...

Great pics! What a day! We sure had fun - let's do it again soon!!