Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Team Canada Practice



Last night, my grade 9 girls volleyball team had a very cool experience. Due to the fact that they won provincials last year in grade 8, MVA (Manitoba Volleyball Association) awarded them with a practice with Team Canada. Initially when we were told of this we assumed that it would be with the women's team and that it would involve the entire team, but you what happens when you assume things???? As it turned out our practice was with only 2 guys from the men's team - which was nice for 2 of us single coaches (haha) but not what we were expecting. Nonetheless, it was an amazing practice time from the girls. They and us got awesome tips and new skills from these very talanted guys. The girls were surprisingly on their BEST behaviour. I guess that's what you get when the guys running practice are both 6'8" and extremely HOT!!! Practices next week with us 3 coaches is going to suck in comparison as we are neither as talanted or as good looking as these guys. Oh well.

Here are some pictures from the evening. Unfortunately I got to practice late, so I missed the team picture, but I'm hoping that one of the other coaches will be able to email it to me and I'll post it then!
Enjoy!!!

PASSING

BLOCKING

I love how the girls are all looking up - the guys must have been doing something amazing - or that's just how tall they are :)

He was my favorite: Davin St. Pierre

1 comment:

Aimee said...

They are sooooo tall!!! Sounds like you and your girls had a great time :)