Sunday, August 17, 2008

Goodness

I have just come home to a nice, cool, air conditioned house after spending a weekend at the cabin. The weather was hot hot hot and a tad humid, which in my case makes me want to pull out my hair. The headaches this weekend were out of control. Oh how I longed for an air conditioning unit. On Saturday I was awake for only about 8-9 hours and the rest of the day I slept. I must say though, that I have returned home feeling quite refreshed and stocked up on sleep, which is a welcomed feeling!


In my previous post I mentioned that I had some pictures to post, but after looking through my photos, I realized that I really don't have a ton of pictures that I have taken despite the many "dates" and activities that have consumed my life as of late.


This past week consisted of:
  • a full week of work - both for Heidi and at the clinic
  • a night of watching some Olympics and enjoying delicious gelati with Kristy and Norah
  • Meeting Kristy and Norah for a latte on Friday morning
  • hanging out at the wading pool and spray pad with Sophie
  • church
  • a delightful coffee date with Mary at Second Cup
  • a birthday party for Ella
  • getting the chance to see Gavin crawl for the first time (I was a proud auntie)
  • spending a few days at the cabin.

It was a busy but great week!



A couple weeks ago, Ella, Sophie and I spent a good chunk of the day at the Zoo together. The weather was perfect and there were surprisingly lots of animals out in their cages rather then their usual sleeping inside.





















We packed a yummy picnic lunch to have at zoo followed by an even yummier treat...

ICE CREAM!!!

Sophie enjoyed her ice cream right down to the last drop!

Last weekend, Kevin, Dominika and myself felt like going to see a movie. We couldn't all 3 decide on one that we all wanted to see, so we split up. Kevin went to see the movie "Stepbrothers" while Dominika and I saw "The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2".

I LOVED the books and the first movie, so I had high expectations for the second movie. Unfortunately the thing about going into a movie with high expectations is that you often leave somewhat disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it was still a great movie, but just not what I expected. They combined the last 3 books into one movie, so it just felt a little rushed and didn't really resemble the 2nd book like I thought it was going to. It was still worth the $9.50 to see it in the theatre.

On the agenda for this next week:

  • More working - both with Ella & Sophie and also at the clinic
  • Rainbow Stage to see Peter Pan with my mom, Grandma and Courtney
  • And hopefully a whole lot of goodness with friends

5 comments:

Aimee said...

You sure are a busy girl. I hope we can find some time to hang out soon, I miss you.

Kara said...

Yes Aimee, lets definitely hang out soon. I miss you too!!!

Anonymous said...

Those are some very cute pictures. The girls had a great time, and you can tell from the smiles on their faces! You're so wonderful with them!!

Sabrina said...

Love you!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Let me know how Peter Pan was. We were wanting to go but weren't sure if it would be good or not so we opted for bowling.