Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Weekend Review

The second last weekend before school starts has officially come to an end. It was a good weekend though.
On Friday I hung out at my parents so that I could do some errands and stuff like that. I ended up being able to hang out with my very good friend Jodi. Her and I have been friends since junior high, lived 2 streets over from each other when I lived at home and basically lived at each other's houses throughout high school. We still both live in Winnipeg, but the last time we saw each other was at Thanksgiving. It's really quite sad how we don't see each other very often at all! So it was good to hang out with her, catch up with each other and hang out with her sister and mom too!
Saturday my grandma, mom and my great aunt drove down to Grand Forks for the day to do some shopping. It was fantastic. Thanks to Amber we had a ton of great coupons, which saved us a ton of money and got us some great deals! Thanks Amber. I got some great new outfits for school and stocked up at Bath & Body Works and had my fair share of Starbucks coffee (but how could I not when I have a $1 off any drink). I unfortunately forgot my camera at home so there were no pictures that were taken while away, but we had a lot of fun. I love being able to spend time with my grandma - we have some pretty great and entertaining conversations. Thanks for a wonderful day Mom & Grandma!
Today I slept until 12:20 which felt fabulous. I decided to spend another night at my parents because of the time when we got home and that way I could spend some of today hanging out with Kevin and Dominika. It was a pretty low key sort of day where laying on the couch watching movies, eating popcorn and reading magazines were completely acceptable. I was in need of a day like today.
So now I am home and unpacked and that feels good too, but I should go to bed. I have one last week of kids and then I am officially finished. The summer has flown by sooooo fast! It's crazy. School starts in 1 week. I'm not sure if I am ready for that yet, but I guess I don't really have a choice. I have to be ready.

No comments: