Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Hills Are Alive...

With the Sound of Music!


Last night (Wednesday) I got to go to Rainbow Stage to one of my most favorite musicals of all time...The Sound of Music. I went with Aimee, Kristy, Lauren, Rosalind, Deanna & Laurie. It was a lot of fun but a little chilly. I have now seen this particular musical 3 times in my history of going to Rainbow Stage, but I must admit that out of the 3, this year's was my least favorite. Mostly because they included songs that I had never heard of before (they are not in the movie) and they mixed up the order of the songs. In my opinion, you can't have the yoddling (spelling??) song in the bedroom scene with the thunder storm. They are supposed to sing Raindrops on Roses, Whiskers on kittens, etc.


Other than that, it was a good time for most of us. We will be going again next year to see Peter Pan - another goodie.


Bre was volunteering at the park, so we needed to pay a visit to her at her booth. Who knew you could buy sound of music or rainbow stage yo-yo's.






The picture is kind of blurry as I was trying to sneak a picture of the production.












I have absolutely wonderful friends. They not only graced me with their presence but also brought Kernals popcorn for me to enjoy during the show!! My favorite! There isn't much else that makes me so happy ( I think only a slurpee tops the popcorn).









The 2 girls who brought such a wonderful treat! Thanks Deanna & Laurie

Lauren, Deanna and Laurie enjoying the yumminess.




Well on Saturday I am off to Grand Forks with my mom and Grandma, so I am anxiously awaiting and looking forward to the shopping and hoping that I will discover some fabulous deals!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kara - I forgot to say today "Have a great shopping weekend and trip to Grand Forks!". See you Tuesday!!!