Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Mix of this and that

On Friday I had the privilage to go to Rosenort with my dear friend Kristy to visit my blogging friend Amber who is also Kristy's sister-in-law. It was a ton of fun. It's funny how you get to know a person, their struggles, their weekend plans, etc through each other's blogs but have not yet met in person. Other than meeting Amber and her adorable little girls, one of the highlights definitely was the cottage cheese perogies with white sauce & snickers pie at the cafe that we ate at the town cafe. Wow, were they ever good! It was a meal fit for a king (or queen). However, playing Ultimate later on in the evening didn't really agree with my heavy stomach from lunch. Oh well, the heaviness was worth it!




Auntie Kristy reading some bizarre fairy tales to Hailey



The 5 of us








Right: Me and Jayda











Like I said, Friday we had an exhibition Ultimate game. The team this year has been so much fun to play with and getting to know the very different people on the team. We won our game, which is always a good thing and we just had a lot of fun.











After Ultimate, Kristy and I met up with Steph and Aimee at Grant Park to see the movie "Becoming Jane". I must say that it was not a favorite of mine. Perhaps I was not in the right frame of mind to see a very slow and non-action sort of movie (after all the movie did only start at 10:05pm). Even if the movie was not a favorite, it was still good to be able to hang out with the girls.

After the movie we ended off the night at Boston Pizza with some drinks and some twisty bread - Yum!







































Oh and girls, we are Definitely NOT Boring!!!!!



Saturday morning somewhat bright and early, my brother Derek and Courtney came by to pick me and Cole up to head out to the lake. We had some relatives out from Calgary so there was a ton of family out there. Thankfully I had Cole to distract me from all of the craziness and provided me with a reason to come home earlier.


Saturday the waves on the water were HUGE! It was not swimming weather not for me and certainly not for Cole.
















So instead of swimming and laying on the beach we played a lot of Bocce Ball with my parents and my grandma. The teams were "The Kids" (consisting of Derek, Courtney, Me and Cole???) vs. the Geriatrics (aka Mom, Dad & Grandma). Just so you all don't think that we are mean to our parents, they were the ones who picked the name out for themselves :)






Even Grandma got into the Bocce Ball


















And when there are some close calls, it is always handy to have a tape measure around.














Right: Derek showing off his "style"








On Sunday the water was beautiful. We were able to put the jet ski into the water to do some tubing and waterskiing. By evening the lake was like glass - absolutely perfect. Cole made some huge accomplishments this weekend:

1. Riding a two-wheeler all by himself.
2. driving the jet ski (perhaps next time he will be confident enough to be pulled behind in the tube)


































































The reason for the big family gathering at the cabin was because my aunt and uncle from Calgary were out for the week to visit with their 2 kids Brittany & Brandon.













Perfect water skiing and tubing weather





Courtney and I




The weekend was jam packed and passed by extremely quickly. It's crazy how there are not very many weekends left in summer to be out at the cabin. I think I have 1 or 2 more weekends left. Very Sad.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Aww, look at Jayda all asleep in your arms after the little baby massage you did!! You HAVE to keep me informed as you finish up school and look for a building. Thanks for coming out to visit...I'm up for lunch any Friday :)

It looks like you had a good weekend...better than you thought it would be??!