Saturday, February 3, 2007

The Week at a Glance

The week has just seemed to have flown right by. So here is what has been happening in my life over the last few days.

Last week Friday a good friend of the family died suddenly of a brain anneurysm. She was only 47 and has left behind her husband and 2 young kids (19 and 14). The funeral was held this past Wednesday. It was by far the saddest funeral that I have ever attended. I hadn't cried like that in a very long time. I have spent a lot of time over the past week contemplating the reasons why God would possibly do this to this amazing family. I have not yet come to any conclusions. I guess God's plan and thoughts are so far beyond our understanding. There are times when we just cannot fathom his reasoning.

Thursday morning I decided to tackle my closet and do some organizing and purging. I still had boxes in there that I had not yet unpacked since moving back in with Dan and Bonnie in August. I suppose organizing my closets was something I could never really justify while school was going on because I felt like I should be studying instead. Well this week I had zero guilt. I did not have anything to study for, so I organized. I got ride of 2 large garbage bags and 2 boxes of clothes that I no longer wear or fit me anymore. Kristy took home quite the haul of clothes. I am so glad I have people I can pass my clothes down to.

In the afternoon I got to hang out with Cole. It was a very full afternoon of fun.


This is the fort Cole and I made in the basement. When it was completed, the 2 of us crawled inside and read stories. ---->









After supper, Kristy came over to watch Greys Anatomy. We watched a really good episode, finished off an entire bowl of popcorn and had long island iced teas. Good times!

Friday was a very relaxing day. I didn't have anything really planned during the day, so I hung out with Bonnie and Cole a little bit, had a nap and woke up just in time to help get supper ready. Aimee joined us for supper before Kristy picked us up to head over to Lauries. The evening was very low key, but still tons of fun. I love hanging out with these girls.
This is the Strawberrt Ruhbarb pie I made for Girls Night.
We watched Footloose (which I must say is a pretty great movie, although I don't think everyone thought so right Kristy?). Oh well, I thought the movie was great, especially the music. Gotta love the 80's!


For Christmas I received these awesome cookie cutters from my dear friend Bre. They are called "A.B.C. Cookie Cutters" and they stand for Already Been Chewed. So this morning was the day I decided to try them out. I used a basic shortbread recipe, which I would not reccomend as they crumbled. A lot of them broke. I think next time I'll use a sugar cookie recipe instead. They were a lot of fun to make.
Here were the final products:








No comments: