Wednesday, February 21, 2007

40 Days and Counting...

Well today is officially the first day of lent. Among all of my thinking in the past number of days about lent and whether to give something up or not, I have decided to give something up for lent. Normally after supper in order for me to wind down and get back into my school work, I usually have a drink of either a Long Island or rum and coke. Well, no longer. For the next 40 days I am going to cut the relaxation drinks out of my life and instead replace it with spending that time in God's word. It would appear that I am going to the wrong places for my source of relaxation and peace and calm. So I am going to unwind each of my days in the presence of Christ. What could possibly be a better way of relaxing?

As for a brief update on my week so far, it has been another up and down week. I have been having signifacant jaw related problems with my TMJ joint. It's extremely painful and I have lost many hours of sleep over this excruciating pain. Thankfully I go to a school where I have massage therapists who are able to help me out and provide some kind of relief for the pain. I haven't felt any change yet, but I am hoping that the tension will be alleviated soon.

"You'll take delight in God, the Mighty One, and look to him joyfully, boldly.You'll pray to him and he'll listen; he'll help you do what you've promised.You'll decide what you want and it will happen; your life will be bathed in light.To those who feel low you'll say, 'Chin up! Be brave!' and God will save them. Yes, even the guilty will escape, escape through God's grace in your life."
~ Job 22:26

No comments: