Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Sick, ANTM and Devotions - A whole mix of a post

Being sick is the worst. I woke up the other morning with this terrible head cold. It feels as if my head might explode because it is so full. I am praying that it will be disappearing very quickly becuase my midterms start next week and I just don't have time to be sick right now!

On a postive note, tonight was the 2 hour season premiere of ANTM. It looks as though it is going to be a very amusing season. There are some pretty intersting girls out there. I already have a couple of favorites that I will be hoping for that will make it to the end.

Tomorrow Dan, Bonnie and Cole are going to the States for the weekend, so I will be home by myself, which will be very much welcomed. There is nothing like a quiet house all to yourself sometimes. I intend on getting some very good studying accomplished for the midterms next week.

I have been very good at keeping up with my daily devotions since the beginning of lent. This past week I have been reading through 1 Samual and I came across the story of Hannah and it struck me. This is why. She was a neat woman. She was so devoted to God, so patient in waiting for a child and being somewhat content with where she was in her life despite her deep desire to have a child of her own. Then when she finally becomes pregnant, she praises God like crazy and ends up offering up her son to God as a thank you and a sacrifice for the blessing He has given her. The reason I thought this was a cool little story was that I find myself unlike Hannah. I become quite impatient with God and I want more in my life...I want a good guy, etc. But God has a different plan and I needed to be reminded of His faithfulness to me and trust that He has this wonderful and immaculate plan for my life. Then there's the things God has already blessed me with, big and small things, but I have failed to give them back up to God. Am I serving God with the gifts He has blessed me with? Am I willing to give to God what is important to me in my life?
Anyway, those were some of the questions I have been asking myself over the past little while and I am looking forward to seeing what other things God has to teach me through these readings.

No comments: