Sunday, January 1, 2012

So Long 2011

2011 was a pretty awesome year. It held its challenges, tears, surprises and awesomeness. Here are some of my highlights from each month:


January

  • I rang in the New Year in downtown Lisbon, which was memorable to say the least. It was by far the best fireworks I have ever seen!


  •  I spent a January day on a Portugal beach, celebrating Heidi's birthday. 




February: 

  • I Experienced what is like for my heart to truly break for a country.



March: 

  • We had our mid-term retreat in Vila Nova Milfontes.



  • I enjoyed my first European soccer game



April:  


  • I enjoyed 30 degree weather in April.



May:  

  • I crammed last minute sites in before leaving Portugal




  • I learned what obedience to the Lord looks like in my life.



June:

  •  I had the opportunity to experience true Fado music.


  • I said goodbye to Portugal, which was definitely bittersweet, but the highlight is that it was one of the most profound and life changing experiences of my life. 




  • There was re-connecting with fellow Trekkers in Abbotsford for debrief.



July: 

  • Derek and Courtney got married!


  • I had surgery on my wrist



August:

  • I did the yearly Rainbow Stage thing with the girls in my family. This year was Hairspray!


  •  There was a shopping trip to Minneapolis



September: 

  • I started work at the clinic again. Reconnecting with the Fixed crew is always a good time.



October: 

  • I turned 27 this year. Late twenties, here I come!



  • I experienced the awesomeness that is Laser Tag.


  • I was acquainted with Ann Voskamp and her book, "A Thousand Gifts".



November: 

  • I got a new job working with MB Mission. I get paid to get people excited and passionate about missions and what God is doing across the globe! Talk about life giving!
  • I got to road trip to Calgary to meet up with my TREK girls. 



December: 

  • I had the amazing opportunity to take part in the MB Mission Staff Summit.
  • I Surprised Carla and Heidi in Abbotsford.





And those are a few of the highlights of 2011 in a nutshell. I have high hopes for 2012. I have a hunch this next year is going to bring amazing new adventures, exciting challenges and growing pains that will be both hard and rich experiences. Welcome 2012!


Cheers!

1 comment:

Doug and Myra Gentry said...

What a wonderful and memorable year! - Doug