Monday, January 16, 2012

The BC Recap

To say that my time in BC last week was awesome, would be an understatement. My time in BC was incredible. It wasn't what I would call a relaxing holiday where I found myself basking in the sun or reading all day (although there were lovely moments of reading throughout the week). The days were jammed full with re-connecting with people, late night Rock Band parties, volleyball games, breakfasts, dinners, play dates at the park, etc. Like I said, it was a busy week, but it was such a good week - a week that was oh so good for my soul. 

Perusing Ikea with Brad and Carla - unfortunately that lovely picture they are holding was promptly returned after it did not fit in the car. Humorous and annoyance all at once.
I did spend a good chunk of time at Starbucks while people worked and were in classes.  I had some beautiful moments reading and journalling.

Something about seeing the beauty of these mountains gets me every time.




Due to a ridiculous amount of gift cards for restaurants we all received over the holidays, we decided to indulge in a night of food. Think of it as kind of like a pub crawl, minus the pub.
First up was belinis and dinner at Milestones


Followed by belinis and appetizers at Cactus Club.

Nothing beats a Cactus Club belini.

There were also many a nights and days where we filled up our time playing Rock Band. What can I say, some of us were just born to rock :)


 But the primary purpose of my visit were these wonderful people:

Otto and Marjorie are currently on their Ministry In North America (MINA) and as such, they needed to head over to the Abbotsford head office for some meetings. Seeing as a good chunk of our team currently resides in Abbotsford, Aleah and I decided to make the trek out to re-connect. We hung together over breakfast, enjoyed hearing their report on Portugal at MB Mission and spent an evening at the Mark Centre just chatting. My left BC full.




Hearing one of Otto's sermons. They have been missed.




No comments: