Monday, January 2, 2012

Ringing in the New Year.

New Year's Eve was the perfect mix of activity and low key. I got together with a few friends to do some skating at the Assiniboine Park Duck Pond (I forgot how much fun skating can be) and then headed over to Darren & Pam's for some delicious food, good wine and fun games. The countdown to New Years was a little anti-climatic as we momentarily paused our game to wish each other a happy new year. The evening in its entirety was absolutely perfect. 




beautiful ladies



As I set the timer on my camera and hurried to get into the photo, I didn't quite make it.  Going down stairs on skates and posing for a picture in 10 seconds is easier said than done :)

success.

Thanks.
55. 4 minute drives to work
56. Santa costumes for cats.
57. Immanuel, God with us!
58. Surprise coffee deliveries on my first day of work.
59. Technology that works when you need it to.
60. snail mail surprises.
61. cozy wool sweaters on cold winter days
62. a work environment where you start off the day with reading scripture together.
63. medication that takes the edge off the pain of a throbbing headache.
64. jobs that allow me day time at home by myself.
65. worshipping on the floor.
66. falling snow.
67. plug in heaters that warm up a cold basement bedroom.
68. gift exchanges.
69. magazines that show up in the mailbox that provide me with a few moments of relaxation.
70. unexpected gift cards
71. work welcome parties accompanied with delicious, savory food - just my style.
72. re-connections with extended family.
73. sushi with cousins.
74. slushy weather that leaves your car disgustingly dirty because that means the weather is not frigidly cold.
75. days of true rest, even if it's because of a stomach flu.
76. skating under christmas lights on a pond all lit up.
77. delicious potluck spreads.
78. laughing so hard your jaw hurts by the end of the evening.
79. portzelky and hot apple cider.
80. shopping dates with my mom and sister.
81. clean rooms.
82. the anticipation of upcoming travelling adventures and the chance to return to Portugal.
83. for the ability to feast in the joy and grace of Christ a midst the darkness and the unexpected.
84. feasting at the table of the Lord in the shadow of the cross.
85. new and cozy scarves.
86. fur-lined hoods that keep you toasty warm when the wind howls and the cold bites.



 Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Doug and Myra Gentry said...

I love it when I check your blog and find a new entry!