Friday, January 27, 2012

That's it! Back to Portugal!

As of a couple weeks ago, it became official. July 7 I will be returning to Portugal on ACTION for 6 weeks through MB Mission. I am so incredibly pumped and feel so blessed that this opportunity has come my way. One of the differences this time is that I will be the team leader. I've never really considered myself to be a confident leader in the past, but I feel like this is an area God is challenging me to grow in and instead of it being a terrifying thought, it is actually pretty exciting to think about. More on that another day though.

So, I am headed into another season of fundraising (another skill that I have not yet developed). Oh the joys. But I'm going at it with a new angle with a Coffee House Fundraiser. Here are the details:

Sunday April 29, 2012
2:00 - 5:00pm at Sam's Place

Tickets are $10 - can be purchased through me. There will be some sweet silent auction prizes to bid on. The coffee and the food will be delicious and I there will be some awesome live music. I will also be sharing at some point through the afternoon about what I will be doing in Portugal and how God is moving in that country. It's going to be a pretty great afternoon, so if you would like to support a great cause and enjoy some good food and good fellowship, this is an afternoon you won't want to miss!

2 comments:

Mary Reimer said...

Gary and I are planning to be there. Can I get tickets from you?

Kara said...

Yes of course you can! I will bring tickets to your place on Wed.