Monday, September 26, 2011

A Weekend Recap

Between birthday celebrations, gorgeous weather which meant long afternoon walks, youth, church, and breakfast dates, the weekend flew right by.

Friday, the family came over for dinner to celebrate Derek's birthday. Between us kids and 3 animals, it was a loud and busy evening. Can you just imagine what it's going to be like when there are kids added to the mix one day???? Crazy!

The birthday boy!

Sunday morning at about 6am, I got a lovely text message from my sister-in-law, Dominika, suggesting that we go for breakfast at Cora's later that morning. Even though I was woken up from a most enjoyable sleep, I will never turn down a breakfast at Cora's. The company was pretty great too!

For the first time in years, I ventured away from my usual "April '89" meal to the "1990's Harvest". It was worth the switch!


 To end of a perfect weekend, Aleah and I got together to skype with Rachael and Heidi in Abbotsford all while enjoying Portuguese wine together. The only thing that was missing was our balcony in Portugal! 
I am sooooo thankful I was blessed with these 3 lovely women on my TREK team last year and I continue to be reminded of that. Two and a half hours of solid conversation passed us by far too quickly. Ladies, hopefully we can make the Remembrance Day weekend work for a road trip. Oh how great that would be!


No comments: