Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Another one crossed off the list

I finally finished another project this weekend - one that took me a little longer to complete than I had thought it might. Not because there was any difficulty, but just due to time (or lack thereof).

I have been looking for a night stand for beside my bed all summer, but nothing really caught my eye or my extremely minimal budget. Then, a couple of weeks ago, driving home from work one Friday afternoon, I decided to pop into a few garage sales. The first one I hit up, I found this nightstand for the low, low price of $4. It needed a little sprucing up and there was only 1 (I was hoping to find a set), but for the price, I couldn't resist. 


 After a good sanding, a few coats of Behr's Pure White paint and some new hardware, I ended up with this and I am loving it. 

The lighting in my room is not great unfortunately.

It was so good to get rid of the wooden crate that sat beside my bed for so long. I feel much more grown up now :) Here is the cost breakdown:
Nightstand = $4 (garage sale)
Behr paint = $0 (already owned)
Hardware = $1 (from the Habitat for Humanity Refit Store)
Grand Total: $5

Now that's a price I can live with!


1 comment:

Gina said...

Looks great kara!