Sunday, September 11, 2011

Feeling Settled

After 2 months of being home and trying to establish a new kind of normal, I am happy to say that it feels like it's almost there, and it only took a few days of work to make it feel that way. Summer was great - we had record high temperatures and many of them, but for those who know me, know that my head does not do well in extreme heat or with humidity, so I stayed indoors for a good chunk of those so called fabulous days. I won't complain though because our summer truly was fabulous.

As of September 1st I started back at work, which felt GREAT! For the first time since being back home I felt like I had purpose in my day. I am a girl who enjoys her routines and schedules and so it is good to have that back in my life. I realize that I will probably never have 2 months off again in my life, so I tried to enjoy the time and space to find my feet again. But being back at work is wonderful. I love my job and I love my co-workers and I love my clients. It's been a good week and a half of reconnecting with people. I am still taking it quite slow with work - I am only seeing 1-2 clients a day in order to make sure my wrist does not over do it. My wrist is feeling good. No pain, just some tiredness at the end of my massages, but that is probably do to the fact that I have not used these muscles for a year. So until I have the go ahead to increase from my surgeon, I am taking it slow and one day at a time - not a bad way to get into things either :)

September brings a myriad of goodness with it. Not only is it the beginning of my favorite and the best season ever...FALL, but it brings new beginnings like work, volleyball and youth and delicious drinks like pumpkin spice lattes (which I have been privileged to indulge in twice already). I am ready for crisp fall days where when you walk, the leaves crunch beneath your feet, I am ready for jeans and awesome boots, sweaters, scarves and beautiful fall coats. I get all giddy just thinking about it! I say bring it on!!! I am entering this new season with contentment and much peace and that feels soooo good.

Now, time to fill up my coffee cup and do some crosswords and enjoy a lazy Sunday.

No comments: