Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Infamous Cake

Nothing like leaving in 3 days and having a wedding cake to complete. Good times. This was my first wedding cake I made for a friend of a co-worker. It was nothing fancy - marble cake with swiss meringue buttercream between the layers. White Fondant. Beach Blue ribbon and chocolate seashells.

This cake was definitely a last minute job and thankfully there were no major flaws or glitches (other than not getting paid for this cake yet, but that is another story for another time) because my life just has no room right now for set-backs.


My lovely sistah was my associate for the afternoon and helped me drop off the cake the wedding venue. Due to waiting an hour for the people to show up to pay me (which they never did), we felt like losers waiting outside on the steps of St. Charles Country Club, so we took the opportunity to document the moment.


Upon Dominika's suggestion, we decided to drown our frustrations (mine at least) by making a pit stop at High Tea Bakery for some baked goods and a latte. There were significantly more goodies in the box, but they got eaten extremely quickly :)



The end of the day came, the cake was completed and delivered and now I can move onto the more important things,  like packing.


1 comment:

Aimee said...

mmmmmmmm makes me hungry!!!! :) Love the cake!