Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Perfection

Tomorrow marks the beginning of September. I guess that means summer is officially coming to a close. Craziness! As a last hurrah for summer and before I take off, I had my friends out to the cottage for the day (Graham, Kristy & Norah - your absense was duly noted and very much missed). The weather wasn't great, but it was a day of playing Yahtzee, enjoying hot tea/coffee, chatting, sitting around a fire, eating good food and just enjoying each other.

*Note: 90% of the pictures are of the kids because let's face it, they are cuter and way more fun to take pictures of than us adults.



impromtu photo shoots for Sweet Dreams


my sweet India



G was making records seeing how far he could throw stones.


kisses for auntie Kara

Hayley was determined to brave the chilly waters and dip her feet in.


All in all it was a pretty fabulous day. I went to bed that night extremely thankful for the friends I have been blessed with and who continue to do life with me, yet I was sad that it will be a whole 10 months before we get to do life again together. A 10 month hiatus seems like an eternity. I can't wait until next summer when we all get to reunite and enjoy more cottage days together.

2 comments:

Janessa said...

the 10 months will fly by with all the fun, and returning will be just that much better. all the best on your new journey kara!!!

kerry and jo said...

looks like you had a fun day! and those kids ARE all very cute. God bless on your new adventure.Praying for you!