Saturday, March 28, 2009

"These are a few of my favorite things...."

It's been a long couple of weeks on my end, however, this past week I was able to rejoice in some good things in my life. Some of them were small things that made me smile and others were big things that made me laugh out loud.







Conversations over a cup of deliciousness from Starbucks with friends.











Last weekend I took part in a volleyball coaches training camp. I wasn't expecting to play as much as we did (5+ hours each day - fri, sat, sun) and the other coaches taking part were FAR better then I am or ever will be for that matter. Some of these other guys were former national team players, so it was fun getting hit at and playing WAY out of my league. The bruises above were a result of getting hit at and diving without knee pads. I know they look kinda gross, but I quite enjoy the feeling of being bruised after you worked hard - it makes you feel like you did something. Excuse my knock-knees as it is hard taking a picture of your own knees :)

play dates and lunch dates with some special people who can always make me smile.













I have found a new joy in soaking in a bubble bath with a glass of wine (sometimes accompanied by a book). In a house with 7 people constantly coming and going, it's a space I know I have all to myself.


p.s - don't worry, that's not a picture of me in the tub :)

These are some spectacular ladies in my life. Friday night we spent the evening together - low key style - doing a puzzle, drinking wine and eating. I have been playing the hermit card as of late and it was nice to join in conversation again (or at least listen to conversation go on around me). Here are some more pictures from the night:

There was an awful lot of laughter







Delicious spring roll type things sizzling in deep fried goodness.












Kristy made friends with Lex. She's not a dog person.





Watching this movie numerous times. It will make you both laugh and cry.














For the first time ever, the girls in my house have been welcomed into the March Madness pool that my brothers and my dad do every year. We have made our picks and so far the girls are winning. We have $70 at stake so I am hoping that my good luck continues right up to the finals.


These are a few of my favorite things!


3 comments:

Thiessen said...

Those pictures from last night are awesome! Except for the one where I look like a troll. Do I always look like that when I laugh really hard?!?!? It was fun to have you join us Kara! I'm glad you're finding things to make you smile. Keep looking for them! And don't forget to think happy thoughts, as that is apparently the key to everything (?)

Kristen aka troll face.

Sabrina said...

Love it! Love you!

Aimee said...

It was great to hang out on Friday, can't wait to do it again!!