Sunday, March 15, 2009

An Ode

Sabrina had a very special post on her blog yesterday that made my day. It brought tears to my eyes and I thought I would paste it onto mine as well. The post was entitled, "Ode to my Auntie"


I'm so glad to have an auntie,
one just like yourself.
You always have big smiles for me
whether at church or my house.

You love me like crazy,
and buy me real cute clothes.
You sing me silly songs and dance
and make bubbles that we blow.

You are one familiar face
that stands out in the crowd.
You make me feel way safer

when all the kids get loud.


When mom and daddy need a date

you're there to help them out,

You come and play,
I wish you'd stay
forever at my house!
Love you Auntie Kara!



Thanks Gavin for your beautiful poem! I love you too! I am such a lucky Auntie.


These were some pictures I snapped when I spent the afternoon with G last week. It seriously doesn't get any cuter then this.

This one is my favorite. It captures him perfectly I think.

No comments: