Wednesday, October 26, 2011

One More Year

I'm another year older, perhaps another year wiser (the jury is still out on that). Over the past few days, I wasn't entirely sure what to make of this year's birthday. The usual build up of anticipation about a day completely and 100% devoted to me was not what it once was, but rather the the feeling of "just another day". I wasn't sure what to make of these feelings - I'm usually the type to celebrate birthday eve's and birthday boxing days - yes I believe in dragging out your birthday and milking it for all its worth! 


As I went about my day, I was overwhelmed with the birthday greeting messages and the gentle reminders of the people in my life who truly care for me - messages I clearly needed to be reminded of today. Among all the thoughtful greetings, I was given a challenge by the lovely Rachael - to do 27 awesome things that I love and that bring me joy - one for every year of life. Well, I must admit that I failed miserably. 27 things is a lot of things to do in a day when you don't really have a lot planned - Sorry Rach! Here is what I did come up with though:

  1. Enjoyed a lovely breakfast with my work girls, Jessica & Jill at The Don.
  2. Enjoyed a late morning coffee with a friend.
  3. Indulged in my first venti, extra hot, half sweet, white peppermint mocha - using my free Starbucks birthday drink coupon as an added bonus.
  4. I read too many birthday wishes to count. Thank you!
  5. Crossword puzzles.
  6. Enjoyed a good day of TV: Sarah's House, Criminal Minds, Pregnant in Heels, Modern Family & Gilmore Girls (Wednesdays make for awesome TV nights).
  7. Went for an afternoon walk with the dog - albeit too short though.
  8. Worked
  9. Fielded a gazillion - yes that is the exact number - of phone calls at work because of a promo we are currently running. 
  10. Came home to my favorite pizza from Santa Lucia - Feta & Tomato
  11. Took a much too short cat nap
  12. Enjoyed a visit from my Grandma as she stopped by to drop off a card and gift for me.
  13. Carved a pumpkin.
  14. Was delighted over an unexpected message from a friend who I have missed terribly.

So, as you can see, I came nowhere close to reaching my goal of 27, but I think these 14 things make for a pretty great day to ring in a new year of life!
I'm anxious and excited to see how this upcoming year unfolds and what it holds for me. I hope that this year continues to teach me about obedience and about true joy in the Lord, no matter where He leads me and the adventures he will continue to take me on. It is my desire that God would continue to transform me into the woman he created me to be 27 years ago and that my life would bring honor and glory to His name.

So here's to a new year! 
Cheers!

15 comments:

Josh and Laurie Pauls said...

Happy belated birthday Kara! Sounds like you had a wonderful day! What a great idea about doing as many things that you love as possilble!

Carolyn said...

Kara,

I hadn't wished you "Happy Birthday" yet...please let me use this opportunity to wish you blessings for this next year!

Love,
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

diazepam online diazepam side effects children - valium valrelease diazepam forum topix

Anonymous said...

valium medication what is generic for valium - oxycodone and valium drug interactions

Anonymous said...

xanax anxiety buy alprazolam cheap - xanax bars amount

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam online valium diazepam 2mg - diazepam 10mg buy cheap

Anonymous said...

xanax for anxiety how to order xanax online - xanax klonopin interaction

Anonymous said...

lorazepam no prescription illegal buy lorazepam online - ativan withdrawal symptoms

Anonymous said...

ambien sleep medication ambien cr printable coupon - buy ambien cr in canada

Anonymous said...

cheap soma soma medication benzo - other names carisoprodol 350 mg

Anonymous said...

cheap soma online buy soma online texas - buy soma next day delivery

Anonymous said...

zolpidem drug ambien side effects migraine - buy ambien with prescription

Anonymous said...

buy soma soma online buy - soma carisoprodol drug interactions

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online ambien 5mg reviews - ambien walrus hair

Anonymous said...

soma pills carisoprodol and vicodin - carisoprodol side effects