Monday, October 10, 2011

Thankfulness

I have had a weekend full of family festivities, everything from birthday parties to extended family gatherings - all reminding me of how thankful I am for the life I have and the people who fill it. There is no denying that I have so much to be thankful for. Today, this is what I am giving thanks for.



  • Family. I love my family and all tgheir quirky, unique, loving and beautiful characters. I probably have the best sisters in the world. Seriously.
  • New Beginnings. Since coming home this summer, my life has turned out to be very different from when I left - some hard things, but I am blown away by the joy of newness and uncertainty.
  • Friends. My life is full of interesting characters all over the world that I am blessed to call friends.
  • Work. I am lucky to have a job that I LOVE going to. Waking up each morning, knowing that I get to go to work and be with amazing co-workers and clients truly brings me joy.
  • TREK. I continue to ponder all the things I learned this last year on TREK and reminisce about the things I got to experience and the adventures I had.
  • Church. I am a part of a stellar church community - a truly lovely bunch of people.
  • Fall. We have been blessed with amazing October weather, which has grown my love for autumn exponentially.
  • God. I am thankful for a God who provides, a God who loves me unconditionally and who pursues me relentlessly. 
  • Health. Yes I have had my share of frustrations and it is true I have a love/hate relationship with my head, but in the big picture, I have so little to complain about.
  • Passions. I am lucky to be able to pursue so many passions in my life, everything from work goals, to being able to play volleyball, to using my gifts for Kingdom work. My heart is indeed nourished and challenged.

"Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.   
Worship the LORD with gladness;    
come before him with joyful songs. 
Know that the LORD is God.    
It is he who made us, and we are his; 
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
                                Enter his gates with thanksgiving 
and his courts with praise;    
give thanks to him and praise his name.  
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations."

~Psalm 100


2 comments:

Doug and Myra Gentry said...

I love reading your posts, Kara! You have such a positive outlook on life and that encourages me. Regarding your comments about being thankful for a God who pursues you relentlessly, I'm reminded of an African acquaintance who described his conversion to christianity by saying "God apprehended me!" What a beautiful expression of a God who loves us enough to pursue us!
Love and blessings to you,
Doug

Kara said...

Thanks Doug. I am continually reminded and thankful that God apprehends me on a daily basis.

Miss you and Myra. Love to you both!