Monday, April 5, 2010

He Has Risen Indeed

I had every good intention in actually writing this post on Easter Sunday, but alas, having a nap won over blogging. Sorry. What can I say, I love my naps. 

This lent season, it has been my desire to spend more quiet time with Jesus. It's a theme that has been appearing over and over the past few months, so I figured it would probably be wise to pay attention. Sitting in silence before God and just acknowledging His nearness to me has been a truly life-giving experience. I think I'm finally getting this relationship thing with Jesus. It's starting to make sense what a real relationship with Jesus genuinely looks like. It's not a one way street where I come to His throne with request upon request, but rather it's communicating back and forth - making space in my own prayer time and life for God to speak.

I wish I could say that I have heard the voice of God numerous times, but rather, there have only been a few nudges (don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with nudges). The nudges though, have been moments that have caused me to step back in awe at the fact that the God of everything would choose to speak to ME. What a humbling experience. The words God has left me with have been ones that have been daunting and a little scary at times. There have been days when I have asked God, 
"Really??? You want me to do what????" 
To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what these words and conversations with God mean just yet, but I am trusting that as time goes on and as I continually seek out God's presence and voice in my life, that His words will become clear to me. 
What freedom it is to know that because of what Christ did on the cross, I have the incredible, undeserving privilege to be in relationship with Him. Because of the cross, I am worthy enough for God to speak bits of wisdom and truth into my life. We no longer need curtains and priests to separate us from the most Holy of Holies. Instead, we can enter that place, just as we are, and boldly approach the throne of God. What joy and freedom that is!

Easter weekend was filled with moments to myself and with God. It was filled with lots of sleep (which was long overdue), time with friends and, of course, Easter egg hunts. Who says people over the age of 20 can't enjoy a good egg hunt??? That is exactly what my cousins, siblings and I did Sunday evening at my Grandma's.

 We needed a designated starting line to get the hunt started - we are an extremely competitive bunch!

Let the Hunt Begin...

 May the reality of the Risen Christ be very apparent to you in the weeks and months to come!

No comments: