Monday, April 5, 2010

Aces of Cakes

I love to make and decorate cakes. Just in case you didn't know that about me. Last week Thursday I got to spend the day hanging out with 2 very cool girls. They are the most creative 7 and 5 year old I have ever met. As I was thinking what I was going to do with them for a whole day, I immediately thought of decorating cakes. How much more fun does it get? Seriously. 

Ella and Sophie were natural talents. It took no time at all to explain how to work with fondant, how to dye it, how to roll it out, how to properly ice a cake. They just got it. That made my job that much easier, which meant we could just enjoy decorating. Here are some pictures from our day:

Working with fondant is not for the weak of hands.
Ella's final creation.

Sophie's masterpiece

By the end of the day, we were our own Ace of Cakes. Duff, watch out!!!

Thanks Ella and Sophie for a fabulous day. It's definitely a day that needs repeating again soon.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

That looks like so much fun!! I'm sure those girls will be back . . .

Janelle said...

oh my goodness! the girls must have had SO much fun!! :) Kamryn would love that...