Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Happenings of March

March has been a whirlwind of changes and busy schedules. I can't say that I am sorry to see March leave - it was good, but I am looking forward to possibly a quieter April. I like quiet. I miss evenings at home. I'm ready to stop running around like a chicken with my head cut off. 

Monday night, Lavonne and I finished our last cake decorating class for level one. Yes, we graduated to the next level - we have the certificate to prove it!

 The last cake we made was the bouquet of roses. I'm not a fan of the roses, but I think I finally got the gist of how to make them. The style of the cakes we have made have not been my first choice - they kinda seem like granny cakes - not my style, but nonetheless, it was a helpful class to take in order to get technique for making icings. Plus, doing it with a good friend just makes it that much more enjoyable. Next class begins in May - "Fondant and Tiered Cakes". I can't wait!

March has brought with it some gorgeous temperatures. We really can't complain. In fact, my mom, Dominika and I decided the beautiful temperatures were something to celebrate, so the 3 of us took our first evening walk to go and get ice cream from Sweet Tops. Mmmmm mint oreo twisters.




*note - the camera shifted on the garbage can I set it up on, so our heads unfortunately got slightly cut off, but I thought it was a good picture regardless.

 Due to some childcare changes, Sabrina needed some help during the last 2 weeks with childcare for Gavin. There was no hesitation on my end to help her out. A day with my favorite little man = priceless.
Yesterday we made our way over the Children's Museum. Note to self: avoid the Children's Museum at all costs during the week of spring break. I completely forgot what week it was. We survived though and even had some fun!

I'm crazy about this kid!
I love this last picture. I told Gavin that sitting on the letters might start to hurt after awhile. Sure enough, a few seconds later I got this face and a little voice informing me that his bum hurt. haha. I couldn't help but giggle.

So that concludes March. Bring on April, sunny skies, warm temperatures, weekends away with my girls to Grand Forks, exciting changes (stay tuned for more details on this one) and a slower pace of life. I can't wait!!!

No comments: