Sunday, March 7, 2010

Catch-Up in Pictures

Life has been ridiculously busy. It's amazing how the day flies by. I have become one of those people that makes lists for everything that I need to get done in the day. There are literally lists everywhere. It's a little ridiculous, but necessary. My evenings and days at home have been few and far between as I find myself running from work to meetings, to coffee dates, to chiro appointments to errands, etc. The list goes on. 

There have been wedding showers for Dominika. The wedding day is quickly approaching and there are still a few more showers coming up in the next few weeks. This was a shower Dominika's bridesmaids threw for her back in January. It was a good afternoon of laughing and eating very yummy food.

 It is not uncommon for Dominika to shed a few tears over a thoughtful gift, card or gesture. These are very happy tears.

 
Dominika's bridesmaids - Her maid of honor is currently living in Victoria, BC, so she skyped in for part of the shower.

 Me and my Sister-in-Law to be

 
 The whole group.

The last weekend in February we had Kevin and Dominika's wedding social. The theme was a Throwback to the 70's, 80's and 90's. I was impressed at how many people showed up with costumes. I learned that socials are a TON of work. I know for a fact, when the day comes, I will not be putting a wedding social on for myself. Talk about stress. That being said, it was an evening filled with awesome music, tons of dancing and lots of laughter.

 The Bride and Groom

 
 The wedding party - such an attractive bunch.

 
 
 Courtney had by far the most stellar outfit of them all. 

 my brother Derek was the dirtiest looking character at the social. Truth be told, I didn't even recognize him when he walked into the community centre. 

 What an attractive looking family I have. Wow. In the end Derek and Courtney won for the best dressed costumes. We unfortunately forgot to take a picture of my parents - they had pretty awesome costumes themselves...my mom in a poodle skirt and my dad dressed as the fonze. Imagine that family picture!

Due to life being as busy as it has been, I have very much missed afternoons with my girls. It has been a long time since the 5 of us girls had a proper hang out. Thankfully we have an upcoming Girls Weekend to Grand Forks in the works the weekend after Easter. I can't wait.
That being said, last week I finally had an afternoon with Aimee and Hayley. Aimee and I enjoyed a good chat over Chai tea and Timbits while Hayley napped. When Hayley eventually woke up, she must of felt a little left out because the first thing she reached for was an empty Starbucks cup. A girl after my own heart!

 
 
 
 My goodness what a sweetheart!

Hayley's "I am still hungry mom. Where are my puffs?" look.

 "oh there they are"
Life is good again.

 Priceless.

I have been neglegent in the camera/picture taking department over the last few months. I am hoping that picks up in the weeks ahead. Here's hoping that more consistant blog posting is in the near future.

No comments: