Monday, September 28, 2009

Spontaneity

spon·ta·ne·i·ty:
  1. The quality or condition of being spontaneous.
  2. Spontaneous behavior, impulse, or movement.

That definition exactly describes what Jess and I did yesterday. I've never been swimming on September 27th. By the time the end of September rolls around, the weather cools off pretty quickly. With some of the warmer weather we have been experiencing lately, Jess and I decided to give the waters of Lake Winnipeg a try. It was a quick dip. Literally in and out. The water was chilly but not nearly as bad as I was expecting. When we got out, our toes and hands were a little chilled, but overall we felt refreshed for the afternoon. Just as a little side note, the outside air temperature was 15 degrees with crazy winds (that's not an official forecast btw).

Please note Alissa's attire versus mine and Jess'.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That was SO fun! And so not like me (the cold water part, not the doing random fun things part). Yay for fun, brave friends with bathing suits!
Oh, and even though it looks like I have to pee in the second picture, I'm just trying to warm my hands...!

Amber said...

crazzzzy!