Monday, September 14, 2009

A Friendly Reminder

This morning when I woke up, I was grumpy. I slept awful. The frustration expressed in my previous post is still feels very real and my head was hurting. A full pot of coffee and some meds took a little bit of the edge off, but let's face it, I'm still grumpy.

I knew that I needed to do something to kick start a better mood for the day otherwise it is going to be a VERY loooonnnnnggg day and it's a day where I need not to be grumpy (poor grade 9 girls who get to meet their volleyball coach tonight). I needed to make some choices. I could wallow in my frustration and throw a little pity party for myself, or I could choose to find some goodness in my life. I made a list and this is what is on it:

1. The sun. It's a beautiful day (although a tad humid) and I am glad it is not cloudy or rainy as that tends to intensify my head even more. The sunshine is a wonderful thing.


2. I have a spectacular bunch of girls who love me despite my many flaws. They are a tremendous blessing in my life and I never want to take that for granted.


3. I have an army of people who pray for me daily.

4. I have some wonderful little people who bring joy to my life on a regular basis. Tell me who can resist these faces???



5. I have a puppy that waits for me to get home each night and when I walk in the door, whimpers and wags her tail with sheer excitement. Now, I know she is just a puppy, but no one else gives me a welcome like that each and every time I walk in the door. She loves me and I love it.

6. I get to go to work and be with fascinating people and I have the honor of working on them in order to bring some sort of healing in their life. What a privilege!

So the list is not all that lengthy, but I figured it was a good start to get the day rollin'. Perhaps my eyes will continue to be opened throughout the course of the day and week ahead at the many other blessings in my life. The frustration and the anger will come in waves I know, but I now have something more life giving to focus on when those moments arise.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Sounds like wonderful things in your life and it's great that you are focusing on them instead of your frustrating situation (thanks for posting the fat pregnant picture of me!!!!) Love you lots an it was great to see you last night.