Wednesday, September 23, 2009

1st Annual Girls Weekend

This past weekend at 5pm sharp, my mom's car pulled up to the house, Dominika and Courtney on board, and the 4 of us headed down to Grand Forks. It was just us girls - no boys allowed. This meant we could take our leisurely time browsing the aisles of Target (and when I say browsing, I mean, Dominika literally walking up and down every single aisles in the store - no joke. That took her 3 hours in case you were wondering). We closed down Target at 11pm Friday night. I was thankful the Starbucks in Target remained open as there is nothing more delightful in my world than cruising the aisles of Target with an extra hot latte in hand. Does it get any more perfect??? I think not.

Saturday morning we wasted no time in sleeping. Someone said that,
"we could catch up on our sleep when we are dead, but today we shop".

That may have been said by me, maybe not ;) We were at the doors of Kohl's promptly at 9am. I was a tad disappointed with the lack of finds at some stores, but I did manage to discover a Michael Jackson t-shirt for $10. You better believe it that it was purchased. All in all I did a decent amount of damage to my credit card - nothing like Dominika - she's in a league all of her own in terms of spending. Wow!


We enjoyed trying on various obscure and hideous outfits. We had some good laughs.

We ended off the day with a very yummy meal at L'Bistro. Those interested in a fabulous dinner in Grand Forks - it's an awesome place to go. It's the restuarant attached to the CanadInns hotel. Due to my increasing loss of appetite, I was unable to enjoy the meal to it's fullest, but took home the rest for later consumption. I had the Baked Seafood Linguine. It was amazing to say the least.


We refueled with one last stop at Starbucks before heading home. We unfortunately had to pay duty at the border, but I guess that is what happens when the car limit is over by $600. Haha. Oh Dominika. This will definitely be a yearly tradition for us girls. It's nice to have "sisters" around to do this with. On the way home, my mom says,
"One day soon girls, we are doing this in New York".

Bring it on mom. We are ready!

No comments: