Saturday, April 4, 2009

More Cake Goodness

On Friday we celebrated Aimee's 25th birthday. It was a low key celebration - perfect after a long week of sickness from some people and just plain old tiredness from others. The evening consisted of game playing (Scattagories to be exact), lots of junk food eating and good conversation. I was in charge of the cake. I worked most of the week on this cake. I had to do it in smaller stages due to time and my work schedule, but I finally finished it at 11pm on Thursday night. I didn't end up being completely what I had envisioned, but I think it turned out ok regardless. I think with my initial vision I bit off a little more then I could chew. I guess it's something to aspire to.
Sadly, no one took pictures from Friday night's party - we must have been too caught up in the fun that we forgot or just too comfortable on the couch to get up and get our cameras. Here are some of the pictures I took of the cake though.

4 comments:

Thiessen said...

This cake was absolutely beautiful Kara!! You are so talented :)

Aimee said...

Not only did it look amazing it tasted great too!!!! Thanks again to all of you for a wonderful celebration! :)

Amber said...

nice work kara! cake decorating is tricky business but you are a pro already!!! how fun that you have so many special people in your life to share your talent with!!!!

Gina said...

The cake is beautiful!