Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mmmm Goodness

It has been drawn to my attention that Earth day is in just a few days - Wednesday to be exact. I will be the first to admit that I am not as Earth conscious as I would like to be or probably should be. This morning Bailey and I walked over to Starbucks for a venti caramel macchiato and when I was in there, I noticed a sign by the register saying that if you go in with a reusable mug on Wednesday, Earth Day, Starbucks will fill up your cup with their Pike Roast coffee for FREE!!! How awesome is that???? No doubt on Wednesday I will be making use of that deal. Just thought those Starbucks lovers out there might like to know that. 



It's been a long week filled with many awful headaches. I took 2 days off from work due to the intense amount of pain, but in a week I am due for my first botox injection for the pain, so I am hoping that will help. Despite these headaches that I seem to be plagued with, I have been able to enjoy some goodness in my weekend so far. Friday night the girls that I coached at MBCI had a bingo bowl fundraiser for their club volleyball team. The constant blinking bright lights did very little good for my head (I felt like I was about to seizure), but the concept of bingo bowling was awesome. We had a lot of fun. 
Saturday night after church, I headed straight home to nurse my ailing head with some wine and Slumdog Millionaire. It was a great movie and if you haven't seen it I would highly recommend it. 
My parents are both gone for the weekend, so it has been absolutely delightful to have a somewhat empty house. Both my brothers are home, but let's be honest, they are rarely here. I can't remember the last time I have enjoyed the quiet of a house pretty much by myself. Bailey and I have kept each other in good company. We have ventured out on many many walks as I am now the sole and primary dog walker while the parents are gone. It's been nice. Like I said earlier, this morning when all is still very much quiet outside on a Sunday, Bailey and I made our way over to Starbucks for some early morning goodness. The quiet and peacefulness of the outside first thing in the morning is absolutely delightful - perhaps it might become part of our regular sunday routine and quite possibly worth the lack of sleeping in. 

The parents are due home in a few hours and the brothers are emerging from their slumber and the sun that was shining so warmly on me is quickly making its way behind the clouds so it might be time for some relaxation on the couch, another cup of coffee and a good movie. Today is going to be a day of relaxing and gearing up for a busy week. Enjoy your Sunday and whatever it may hold!


2 comments:

Thiessen said...

Thanks for the update Kara! Yeah for botox!!! I'll be praying like crazy that it will make a huge difference for your headaches. Living with pain sucks!!! Glad to hear that you can still find some enjoyment in life :)

Aimee said...

mmmmmm Starbucks! So sorry to hear that the headaches are not going well.... but yahoo to botox! :)